hint by nacht = today by night = tonight
נעכטן בײַ נאצכט = nechten by nacht = last night
I’m sitting on my computer, paralyzed for something to say about all the thoughts swirling in my head at the moment.
A few things I know:
1) singing “solidarity forever” with the 40 people gathered for last night’s liberation seder was the high point of my pesach to date.
2) I’m going to begin drafting a “detroit dayenu” while I’m in the woods this spring.
3) I can see so much energy in the universe right now.
A few things I’m still trying to figure out:
1) do we need multiple narratives to emphasize the reality that there is no one truth? or is there some way we can agree on a narrative and express it in such a way that it does not impose itself as the truth
2) how is it that Chaim Potok novels seem to provide for so many of my questions? and why has it taken me this long to discover them?
3) when/if I ever feel home, can home last?